CAREinMIND offers real time video chat with a professional counsellor. The service is available for people who reside and/or work in the northern, central or western suburbs of Melbourne, who are feeling the pressures and stresses of everyday life.
Online counselling is free and allows you to access professional support wherever you are in Australia. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please note, this service is only available to people living in Australia. Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance to people outside Australia and we recommend you contact your nearest support service.
What you can expect:
- Real-time face-to-face support with a professional counsellor using Skype™
- A focussed session lasting for up to thirty minutes. Your online counsellor will advise you when your session is coming to a close
- A free service available 24/7.
Please see the Skype™ website for further information on installing and using Skype™.
How to access video chat counselling:
- Please read the terms of service
- If you have any questions or queries, please contact CAREinMIND on 1300 096 269
- Check the ‘agree to terms of service’ box and click ‘talk with a counsellor now’ button
- You will be directed to an online chat window and may experience a hold period until a counsellor is available
- Once connected to a counsellor in the online chat session, the counsellor will request some information in order to connect to you in a Skype™ session. Please have handy:
- Your email address
- Your Skype™ chat name
- Your reasons for using the CAREinMIND video counselling service.
Once connected to a counsellor in Skype™, please leave the online chat window open for the duration of the session (this is linked to the open session in Skype™).